Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Tale of Malifaux Bloggers - Pt 1

Hey all!

This is the start of my Tale of Malifaux Bloggers series in which I'll be assembling, painting, and learning how to play...

Gremlins!

For those of you not familiar with this format, it is detailed here: http://malibros.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/tomb-2-tomb-harder.html

Thanks to Ben for running this!


I own the vast majority of the Guild faction and have been wanting a change of pace.  I'm getting the hang of how to play Malifaux now.  Model interaction in your crew is KEY and I'd like to take crews that let me exploit this to the max.  The Guild has some good combos, but nothing like some other factions.  I also have never played a true summoning master (Sonnia doesn't count!)

I'd like something sneakier, more combo based.  Something with summoning and big, swingy damage.

Something small, green, and drunk.


Given the groan I have every time my opponent declares Gremlins, I decided that if I can't beat 'em, I'll join 'em.

Initially, the first tactic I see is to use Lenny to give all nearby models Rams  This allows any Bayou Gremlin nearby to trigger Dumb Luck when they shoot.  Although this damages them, with So'mer pumping out new bros as often as possible it should be effective.

I also LOVE having cheap and useful 3 stone minions who can be useful by themselves.  It isn't something the Guild really has.  I'm also looking forward to competing in the activation game (read: I might be out-activating my opponents!)

The Bayou Boss box from an Ebay seller was $36 with free shipping.   Here is my initial list.

Somer Teeth Jones -- 7 Pool
 +Encouragement [2]
 +Family Tree [2]
 +Quality Mash Liquor [2]

Skeeter X 2 [4]
Bayou Gremlin [3]
Bayou Gremlin [3]
Bayou Gremlin [3]
Bayou Gremlin [3]
Lenny [9]
 +I'll Love it and Pet it... [1]

35 stones total.

This leaves me $24 for the month.  Another box of Bayou Gremlins is $15.75 from Miniature Market which should allow So'mer to summon with wild abandon.  With some Slop Haulers ($12) to heal, this should be pretty effective.

I can also head down the Piglet route and grab a box of Piglets ($13.50) and a Hog Whisperer ($12).

Either way I'll be over my budget, so I may settle for the Gremlin wave 1 deck ($6) and the Slop Haulers and not bite off too much.  I still have Guild to paint for Templecon!

This leaves me with $6 to carry over to next month.

In the next #ToMB2 post, I'll be assembling and basing up my crew.  I'm going to head down the now standard "cork bases" route, with some water effects around the cork rocks.




No comments:

Post a Comment