Friday, July 18, 2014

Infinity Terrain Update

Finally assembled most of my Shark Mounted Lasers stuff.  Have another 8 bridges left to assemble.


Next project is to get my hands on some more scatter terrain for both the roofs and ground level.  I'm thinking some Warsenal planters, some line of sight walls from somewhere (Underground Lasers?)  Think I need a few shipping containers too for small coverage.


In the meantime, I made some barrels a few months ago out of some wooden 1"x3/4" thread bobbins.  I picked them up on ebay from the seller "barnettandco" for ~$10 for 50.  I'm sure these can be locally sourced too.



With a 1/2" hole punch (Amazon) I punched out circles from index cards to cover the holes on the top and bottom.  I painted them in some bright colors, and then applied a mix of Burnt Umber and Lamp Black oil paints, only slightly thinned for weathering.  I then wiped most of the oils off with a paper towel.  This left them kind of grimy.

I glued them together in some interesting groups, and here's the result.



I'm pretty happy with how they turned out.

1 comment: